Disastru!
So Nicu calls and asks if I'd like to go with him when he takes some girls back to Sigisoara who have spent the week in Tagru Mures and have dessert at Dracula's place of birth. Sure! I always love a road trip...famous last words. The ride there is fairly uneventful, which means only one stop for a car sick young lady, and we drop the girls off at the orphanage in town. I ask if we can drive around and see the city a bit and then we stop for dessert. We eat, pay and I decide that I don't need to visit the bathroom before we leave, after all, it's only 45 minutes back to town. WRONG! So, somewhere in-between Location A and Location B, we hit a large pot hole, the rim flies off, we look at each other with a bit of disbelief and we come to a stop. We exit the vehicle and sure enough, the rim is missing and the tire is hissing. Oh look, a rhyme. Nicu asks me if I think we can drive on it. Now, I'm lacking in a lot of car knowledge, but I answered pretty confidently, "nope". He sets off to find the rim and then we decide to try and drive slowly on the tire. Yeah, that didn't work. So we begin to call Septi, Nicu's roommate and he declines both of Nicu's calls. No good. SO I call Septi twice and same thing happens. Not good! Eventually, Nicu messages Septi and says I need to talk to you!!, Septi agrees to get one of the other LOC vans and come save us. Remember the "it's only a 45 minute drive" thought I'd had earlier? Yeah, not really a good one. The place where we are is more of a village and there is no place open at 11 on a Sunday night. Well, I'll leave the story here, but I confess both of us had road side experiences that we did not anticipate and mine included a little breaking and entering of a gate, where we were caught as Nicu retwisted the thick wire that had the gate locked. Foruntately, the women in her bathrobe and Russian fur hat just grumbled at us a bit and Nicu explained the situation to her and she was less bothered. We walked away quickly in giggles. Then the blizzard arrived as Septi did with the spare tire, so the boys changed the tire in some serious snow. Ah yes, welcome to Romania. We did make it home safely, visited the 24 hour tire repair place and all was well by about 1:30 Monday morning. How's that for a story?

1 Comments:
Romania has a 24 hour tire repair place?!!! Maybe these tire "incidents" happen often there?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home