Name:
Location: Back in Romania!

Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Lorinczi Family


These kids are one-half of the family population of Casa Nadia. This picture was taken last Saturday at the Siblings Party at the LOC (Livada Orphan Care) office. L-R:
Elizabeth - youngest sister in foster care
Isti - still at the Ludus orphanage
Janos - at Casa Nadia
Daniela - Nadia
Margareta - Nadia
Laura - Nadia
Ibi (Ebe) - Nadia

I've thought about many aspects of being an orphan -- abandonment, abuse, neglect, disconnect, not trusting and not forming attachments with adults, sadness, no birthday celebrations/holidays, not being seen as special or even particularly wanted, etc. But I'd not realized that some of my Nadia kids are also seperated from siblings. How sad for Isti to loose his siblings and be the only one left at Ludus. He has severe behavior issues that made it unsafe for LOC to bring him into our custody. I'm glad for this party to allow the kids to see each other. It was particularly special that little sister, Elizabeth, that LOC was unaware of until recently, could come. Her foster parents made a effort for her to be there. Once I am comfortable driving and speaking/understanding the language, I will make trips to Ludus with my kids in sibling groups so that they can spend some time with their biological siblings. I don't want them to loose those relationships. Nadia kids, over time, will be able to give love and Light to their siblings still living in the darkness of institutionalized state care.

Laura is the oldest Lorinczi at the house, but has "mental deficincies" and is being home schooled in hopes that she will be able to enroll in 1st grade next year. Janos is next. Of my older boys, two of them still want to be held and treated like younger kiddos. Janos wants to be treated more like a young man and so I am doing a lot of high -fiving with him. I am so open to suggestions from you as how to treat a 11 year old BOY that has been through much. Additionally, the father of Janos and his next three siblings died at the beginning of December. The girls don't really remember him, but Janos is grieving and I would appreciate you praying for God's comfort for him as well as healing for his heart. He is a great kid!

Ibi is in 1st grade with "mental deficiencies" as well. She has a lot of energy and a hard time responding to no. Margareta is also in 1st grade and is a smart girl! She does well with her homework and has a sweet spirit. Daniela is the baby and is the definition of a strong willed child. She is as cute as can be and thus gets away with a lot and is treated like a princess. This spoiling will need to decrease so that she doesn't become the favorite of the house. Daniela has begun to be loving to me. She is very independent and likes to make all the decisions.

So now you've meet a lot of the house! Thanks for meeting us!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for introducing us to your kids, they are just beautiful. We will be continuing to lift them - and you - to our Jesus in prayer!

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been a busy blogger! Thanks for the update and for all the pics! These kiddos are so precious and have been through so much. I can really see how your gift with children is being used tremendously. Is there still snow there? Such a fun thing of nature to get to play with.
And, good job on entertaining guests!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home