Simona
So, my job has changed a bit as of late. I am visiting with babies that have been abandoned in a hospital as well as 3 groups homes in Ceausu that have special needs children. I have interns for the summer that are visiting with me as well as hanging out at the homes for LOC kids. In a recent visit to Ceausu, I found an old friend... her name is Simona and she was a kiddo that I knew back from summer of 2003. She had a cleft pallet and has a mass growing on the back of her head. She has since had surgery for the deformation and looks great as the size of a one year old that is four. She detested being touched three summers ago and we wondered if touch was painful for her. I spent many an afternoon with her on my stomach where she could hear my heart, but be touched as little as possible. Well, now she is this sparkly, big attitude girl that doesn't mind being touched and lights up the room with her energy, even though she only moves by a walker for kids learning how to use their legs. It is good to see old friends!
1 Comments:
How cool! Glad to know she is doing so well and has developed a "BIG" personality!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home