Weekend plans
I am a bit behind....and this is about me and not kids. Am I allowed to share about just me? Guess I'll give it a shot.
One of the good things about living here is that Budapest, Hungary is only an eight hour drive away. And in Budapest, Hungary there is some great shopping, so the American girls of LOC decided we should check it out! It was so enjoyable to have several days where I wasn't constantly making decisions (and I love to make decisions!) and just kinda chill a bit. We left Friday morning and drove out of town and country, having a lunch break at McD's in Romania, just before we hit the border. It took only about 10 minutes to get through each border, which is near fabulous!! We went directly to the mall (one of three) and had dinner at TGI Friday's and later, watched a movie in English with Hungarian subtitles. I was in bed by 11 -- that is worthy of a newsflash. It felt great to sleep until 8:30 the next morning.
We headed out for Vaci Street (the big shopping street in BP) to window shop and I was able to purchase a spoon rest (been on the wanted list for several months) and then we moved onto Subway for lunch. Oh, it is nice to eat at familiar places! We headed out to Kika which provided a timer, a fork and spoon for salad tossing, and a flipper for cooking. We hit several furniture stores without much accomplishment and then onto IKEA. I will make a long story short, but it was a good evening. We found round cake pans (these don't exist in RO), a rug for the kitchen, batter bowls with lids and I have now purchased the bedding for my bedroom. YEAH! That's been a long time in coming!!


Sunday was more of the same -- baby furniture shopping (Catherine, Bruce's wife is pregnant!!), my first Tesco shopping experience (Kellogg's frosted mini wheats and refried beans, baby!! YES!), the other Kika in town for a rug for the family room and back to IKEA, followed by Mexican food at The Iguana. YUMMY!! Let's just say the van was full, although we did have atleast two full inches of more space to fill. There just aren't shopping options in Romania.
Another easy border crossing and then we were back home. Home with stuff to fill our home. It feels more like home now.
It was a good weekend. A needed break. God knew what He was doing when He made 6 days of work and 1 day of rest. We all need more of that.
One of the good things about living here is that Budapest, Hungary is only an eight hour drive away. And in Budapest, Hungary there is some great shopping, so the American girls of LOC decided we should check it out! It was so enjoyable to have several days where I wasn't constantly making decisions (and I love to make decisions!) and just kinda chill a bit. We left Friday morning and drove out of town and country, having a lunch break at McD's in Romania, just before we hit the border. It took only about 10 minutes to get through each border, which is near fabulous!! We went directly to the mall (one of three) and had dinner at TGI Friday's and later, watched a movie in English with Hungarian subtitles. I was in bed by 11 -- that is worthy of a newsflash. It felt great to sleep until 8:30 the next morning.
We headed out for Vaci Street (the big shopping street in BP) to window shop and I was able to purchase a spoon rest (been on the wanted list for several months) and then we moved onto Subway for lunch. Oh, it is nice to eat at familiar places! We headed out to Kika which provided a timer, a fork and spoon for salad tossing, and a flipper for cooking. We hit several furniture stores without much accomplishment and then onto IKEA. I will make a long story short, but it was a good evening. We found round cake pans (these don't exist in RO), a rug for the kitchen, batter bowls with lids and I have now purchased the bedding for my bedroom. YEAH! That's been a long time in coming!!


Sunday was more of the same -- baby furniture shopping (Catherine, Bruce's wife is pregnant!!), my first Tesco shopping experience (Kellogg's frosted mini wheats and refried beans, baby!! YES!), the other Kika in town for a rug for the family room and back to IKEA, followed by Mexican food at The Iguana. YUMMY!! Let's just say the van was full, although we did have atleast two full inches of more space to fill. There just aren't shopping options in Romania.
Another easy border crossing and then we were back home. Home with stuff to fill our home. It feels more like home now.
It was a good weekend. A needed break. God knew what He was doing when He made 6 days of work and 1 day of rest. We all need more of that.
1 Comments:
Glad you had a trip..I know you like traveling. Sounds like a successful shopping trip as well.
I love your new bedding!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home