Praise for Grilled Cheese!
Earlier in the week, Adi had asked when he was coming to my house again...and so I threw out Thursday. He agreed and I told him I would pick him up from school and we'd go to my house. I had a great taxi driver (who spoke English!) and he was very kind and sociable with Adi, he even asked him about school! I had planned grilled cheese and chips as the meal for ease and because he could make it! I grabbed bread and a knife and had him do the same,he watched me butter two sides so he copied, he tried to slice the cheese but he was cutting against gravity, so i ended up taking over that....i plopped the bread in the pan and had him arrange his cheese and then Master Chef Adi came alive!

Let me translate this look for you: melted cheese on bread? those Americans like weird things!

He did a fabulous job of flipping without losing cheese and when the perfection was finished, he cooked mine!

Copycat he was, he mimicked every motion I made during lunch. Later he washed the dishes and I dried them. Real life lessons!

Afterwards we walked to the police station (just imagine me explaining to him why I needed to go to the police station in Romanian!) to meet a LOC employee to get my legitimaĊ£ea- my ID card for Romania. I'm official!

Let me translate this look for you: melted cheese on bread? those Americans like weird things!

He did a fabulous job of flipping without losing cheese and when the perfection was finished, he cooked mine!

Copycat he was, he mimicked every motion I made during lunch. Later he washed the dishes and I dried them. Real life lessons!

Afterwards we walked to the police station (just imagine me explaining to him why I needed to go to the police station in Romanian!) to meet a LOC employee to get my legitimaĊ£ea- my ID card for Romania. I'm official!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home