Name:
Location: Back in Romania!

Friday, March 10, 2006

A New Battle

Friday evening, Jannes and I talked with Janoş (11) and Adi (12) about their going to sleep habits. Both are rockers, which is theorized by some researchers to be a habit that could have been an attempt by these formerly institutionalized children to stimulate or soothe themselves in an environment that provided little or no stimulation or comfort. I can only imagine what horrors awaited their evenings as they tried to escape away into the world of sleep. It is a habit, and like many that are being addressed, this needs to be addressed also. We sat with them tonight as they went to sleep to physically stop the rocking. Janoş did not have a difficult time, I think it is more of an absorbed habit from the environment of Ludus for him. Adi, on the other hand, had an signifigant attitude change at the announcement and was provoking and aggressive, both verbally and physically. He rocks, sings and puts his hand in his mouth to fall asleep. I did not intend to address all three issues this evening, but Jannes did and I am pleased to report that both boys did fall asleep without rocking. Adi physically crawled into Jannes lap to go to go to sleep. I do not want to trade one habit for another and so will watch this progression carefully. Please pray for freedom for Adi and Janoş in this particular area...I know there is freedom on the other side and that God desires that they would know His power at a young age. We are following the 21 days to break a habit theory....so committing three weeks to this....pray that this could be a tender time of knowing God for them.

Brief update: Monday evening, Janoş has not rocked since Friday night and Adi has not been nearly as attitude-filled about not rocking. Making progress!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home