Sledding in Brashov
There is nothing like packing up 10 kids, 10 changes of clothes, a sack-ish lunch for 15, sleds for 10, and small personal vomit bags (yes, you read that right):) Last week, we had vacation -- not spring break, but the end of the semester break (in February?). We headed out for a trip of sledding in Brashov, which is about 2 and a half hours from Tagru Mures. We set off about 8:30 and arrived after many a stop for sick children for lunch on the side of the road (Welcome to Romania! Keep in mind, we are now in the mountains and it is cold!) at 11:45. The kids stayed in the van to eat and the adults got out (to allow for space) and hopped around to stay warm. TIME TO SLED! We drove to the vacation destination and changed clothes and took off for the hill. Again, I am so grateful for the generous Christmas donations for the purchase of sleds from Elizabeth's sponsors. They have provided countless days of fun and glee for kids and adults alike!

These sledding pros have invented new ways to travel! Adi and Daniel in the forefront, Margareta in red & blue coat coat, Becky in orange, Daniela in blue snow suit, Jannes in blue coat and Laura in red snow suit.

Jannes and Daniel - I wish there was a "creative sledding contest" to enter the kids in!

Oh, to be 5 and be pulled up the hill! Daniela getting a free ride from Jannes.
We added some disks to the selection and these were good for the littles. We tried to connect up and hold two or three disks together with kids on adults laps wile going downhill...it was harder than I thought it would be!

Come back here!!! Margareta chasing her run-away disk!

Margareta and I on the last run for the day!

These sledding pros have invented new ways to travel! Adi and Daniel in the forefront, Margareta in red & blue coat coat, Becky in orange, Daniela in blue snow suit, Jannes in blue coat and Laura in red snow suit.

Jannes and Daniel - I wish there was a "creative sledding contest" to enter the kids in!

Oh, to be 5 and be pulled up the hill! Daniela getting a free ride from Jannes.
We added some disks to the selection and these were good for the littles. We tried to connect up and hold two or three disks together with kids on adults laps wile going downhill...it was harder than I thought it would be!

Come back here!!! Margareta chasing her run-away disk!

Margareta and I on the last run for the day!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home