Our new friend
The team at Casa Nadia has grown. Jannes from Holland has come to join us for six months and you can feel free to pray that God will keep him here longer! What a blessed addition he is to the family. He is gooooood to the kids, he has a genuine interest in knowing them, loving them, teaching them, doing the hard stuff as well as the easy and fun stuff. That stands out so in opposition to the last guy who was here, and in his defense he wasn't a Christian and he was hired more as a body guard than an one to invest in the kids, but he did nothing more than the bare minimum, he came and he left, and when we let him go, no one asked about him. He wasn't missed. I already will miss Jannes because it is soooo good for the boys to have a kind and loving male role model in their highly populated female world. And he is interested in the girls and you know me -- girls need to be a princess of their daddies and of course, these girls don't even have that option. When I asked him yesterday if he'd take the girls out to a Princess Dinner once a month, he said he'd love to and he meant it. Two of the girls , Laura and Ibi, have special needs and are so easily passed over, but he spends time on them too and they love it!

Laura, Jannes and Ibi -- on the way to Brashov!
Yesterday before we all went into town to have dessert (ever working on the social skills), I poked my head into the boys bathroom, fearful that they were doing their hair (50's and 60's hairdo flashbacks! scary!) and found Jannes doing their hair! He has spent several nights there, helping with the Madalin 24 hour coverage, and apparently has quite the audience as he shaves in the morning. The boys have discovered the Wonderful World of Wrestling and so far, Jannes is faring well. Evenings after dinner have become BOY TIME and although I miss being more a part of their lives, they are getting an immeasurable gift that I just can't give to them. Jannes is going to begin a Boys Club on Sunday afternoons and will teach them more about how to be a boy growing into a man, teaching biblical truth. This will be wonderful for all of them!

WWW

Top left -- Jannes, Daniel, Adi, Janos and Madalin -- and they are definetly growling at me. BOYS?!
Like I said, I already miss him when he will leave in 5 months. BUT we are going to Holland in August and will be in the same town as him (a God thing, you think?) and the kids will be more than thrilled to see him.

Laura, Jannes and Ibi -- on the way to Brashov!
Yesterday before we all went into town to have dessert (ever working on the social skills), I poked my head into the boys bathroom, fearful that they were doing their hair (50's and 60's hairdo flashbacks! scary!) and found Jannes doing their hair! He has spent several nights there, helping with the Madalin 24 hour coverage, and apparently has quite the audience as he shaves in the morning. The boys have discovered the Wonderful World of Wrestling and so far, Jannes is faring well. Evenings after dinner have become BOY TIME and although I miss being more a part of their lives, they are getting an immeasurable gift that I just can't give to them. Jannes is going to begin a Boys Club on Sunday afternoons and will teach them more about how to be a boy growing into a man, teaching biblical truth. This will be wonderful for all of them!

WWW

Top left -- Jannes, Daniel, Adi, Janos and Madalin -- and they are definetly growling at me. BOYS?!
Like I said, I already miss him when he will leave in 5 months. BUT we are going to Holland in August and will be in the same town as him (a God thing, you think?) and the kids will be more than thrilled to see him.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home