Name:
Location: Back in Romania!

Monday, January 23, 2006

Ludus

Ludus is a town about 45 minutes away from Targu Mures and is home of the orphanage that all the kids of Casa Ana and Nadia came to us from. On Saturday, Kelly, Angela, Lindsay (a former STINT-er back visiting) and I went to visit during the weekly Saturday morning follow-up time. It was a time of something I just can't put words to. It was as dark as I remembered it. There are few lights inside and what do have bulbs in them aren't on. The Americans and Romanian volunteers all came in layers of clothing to fight off the cold inside, but the kids inside have apparently adjusted to the frigidness of the building, matched only by the empty void of emotions that could almost be felt inside. The kids, as always, are thrilled to see those who greet them with warmth, smiles and hugs. I watched a 1-4th grade program where a book was read and the children sat on the floor and listened. I can't explain how HUGE that is. Miraculous. Evidence of time spent by those who have labored weekly to establish a pattern with these kiddos. I saw Tibi and Vali from summer camp two years ago as well as Cristi, also from camp but on a different team. Both Tibi and vali are taller, but there is an emptiness to them, in their eyes and in their minds. Who talks to them? Does anyone tuck them in? What if they are sick -- who cuddles them and helps them to feel better? And birthdays don't exist, that's a definete. I was glad to be there, to see familiar faces, to hug new little ones, to be reminded of why I came to Romania. And I was glad to know of 20 children who are daily safe, daily loved, daily taught. Glad that night when I returned to Nadia to cuddle Daniela in her sickness, glad to turn on praise music and focus on Adi as he sang with his beautiful voice. Glad that God has chosen them and is raising them from the ash heap (Ps 113:7) and so very glad that He has chosen me to see what He is doing.

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home