Name:
Location: Back in Romania!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Girls Night at the Casa Lui Angela and Bethany

Good old Mickey D's for dinner....Criss, Margareta, Ibi, B, Daniela and Laura

Criss, Margareta, Ibi, Laura, B and Daniela
They got a tour of the apartment and this is my room where they needed no invitation to hop on the bed! Beds are inviting the world over... Sanguine Daniela center stage!Criss and I had our hair done by the girls (you can still see the clip in my hair) and then we watched some Disney cartoons! Daniela definetly turned my face when she realized Angela was taking a picture, thus my fake and slightly amused smile.

Each girl had a STUFFED Selgros bag filled with pj's, toothbrush, pillow, blanket.... then we STUFFED ourselves into a taxi (remember, this is Romania and the taxis are small....) and the girls had already asked the taxi driver, Attila, his name. So teachable moment #1, we worked on saying "im pare bine" which means "it's nice to meet you" to him. When we arrived at McDonald's, we practiced thank you and good-bye. Dinner was uneventful, which means it was great. Every child got a happy meal with drink of their choice and the adults got adult meals. Ketchup costs in Romania so I just got some for the adults... Criss the translator got mayonnaise for her fries and shared hers with Margareta. Daniela is a ketchup NUT and so when I offered to share mine with her that meant I had to move fast to get some for me!! We practiced using quiet voices in the restaurant and even got to see Dr. Adi, the LOC doctor, there. We walked home (about 5 minutes) which with 2 special needs children and one precocious, sanguine, fearless 5 year old without incidents is huge! The girls got a tour of the apartment, complete with "this is where the trashcan is so you can throw away your trash here" and when we got to my bedroom the girls charged my bed. It could be the pink sheets, it could be that it is big, but it was just appropriate and funny/sweet. One picture was taken of the girls and then Criss and I joined in (thanks to camera-girl, Angela)! We had a small time of beauty shop when Daniela and Ibi did my hair and Laura and Margareta did Criss's and then Angela picked what she liked best about each do. For mine, she liked the "sheek" look... translation: when you give two small girls hairspray, they will flatten down any good Texas girls big hair. We tried to play a game of CandyLand (why did i remember this as a fun game???) which was remotely successful, because taking turns is such a foreign concept. I did have to tell the girls that my apartment also has corners (just like their house, used for discipline purposes) and sadly, two of the four got to meet my corners. Later, we piled on the couch and watched some Disney cartoons and they experienced their first American Chocolate Chip Cookie, which were well received.

Angela and I dragged her bed into the living room and I slept in there with the girls. At 7:30, a little voice awoke me saying something about the bathroom and it's funny how quickly Romanian can fly out of your mouth....du-te, du-te!! (go, go!!) Daniela climbed into bed with me and when Margareta returned she joined us also. Three people in a singe bed, even when 2 of them are small, doesn't work so well, so after awhile we went to have suc (juice) in the kitchen. There were also moments of talking about how to be a guest in a home, asking to touch/use things, etc. Because the evening had been filled with much corraling, I opted out for breakfast. The taxi ride home was a gift from God, where He gave us a sweet woman who was so patient with the girls and we again practied nice to meet you, thanks and good-bye. I dropped off 4 happy girls and headed home. My boys come this Wednesday and Friday, so more reports to come.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could've been there for "girls night out"!!

Miss you!
Angie

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home