Quality
Tonight I was in Madalin and Daniel's room (Sergiu's older brothers) and they were being read the story of Joseph and his life. The book is written in English and was half translated into Romanian. As the mom got to the part where the translation ended, she would pause, read the English to herself and then translate the story to them in Romanian. I was teary-eyed. The moms at each house work a 12 hour shift, in a three day cycle, one a day shift and then, several days later, a night shift. These ladies work HARD. They love the kids. (Think of the laundry, the tying of shoes, the conflicts and fighting between kids, not to mention that these kids are love-and-affection hungry, fearful, angry and disobedient). And then there are the Educators. These are 3 people who support the moms in their 6-8 hour shifts and tutor the kids individually/help with homework. Basically, what we have is a functioning home with 10 kids (eek!), a cook, a chauffeur, Moms and Educators. These are people who are going above and beyond. Words fail me right now. I can't explain how they are sacrificing and giving and giving and giving. God is going to raise up something incredible because of how they have and are laboring.
I am blessed to be here, I fell in love pretty much immediately. Right now, there's really no where else I 'd rather be -- but if there could be a Sonic nearby, that would make things even slightly better. :)
I am blessed to be here, I fell in love pretty much immediately. Right now, there's really no where else I 'd rather be -- but if there could be a Sonic nearby, that would make things even slightly better. :)
1 Comments:
Hi Sweet Friend!
I am love coming home and reading about your day. I am praying for you and I can hear your voice in my heart as you read!
Stay strong, healthy and brave as the holidays get closer! I'm so proud of you!!
Cynthia :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home