Happy moments...
Today there were several. In fact, I didn't cry today!
When you live in a foreign country, you have to celebrate even the smallest victories. I have successfully washed 3 loads of laundry (that means not forgetting to put the drain pipe in the shower, so far so good), I have all my suitcases hidden out of sight and we have working clocks in both my bedroom and the kitchen! I've added several phrases to my list of Romanian language and have the name of a teacher to call tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, I will get a Selgros card (Selgros is a German version of something like Sam's -- yeah!), my cell phone and hopefully go to the post office.
Today Angela and I worked at the houses from 9-5. There were several meetings and we kept kids. I had a great time with Sergiu (5) as we played with playing/game cards and worked on recognition of numbers and letters. Each time he put two numbers of letters that were the same together, I gave him a big bravo and a high 5. I also learned that Fanel (5) is a fabulous storyteller, complete with facial expressions and "look at me" comments! Zorro (10) at Casa Ana taught me a new card game. I love these kids. And I love that God is going to bring beauty from the ashes they already have in their lives. Living on the streets, physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional and mental depravity and defiencies... they've been through much for their young lives and there is a lot of pain and anger in them. Pray please that God would bind up the brokenhearted (Isaiah 61). He promises to be near to the brokenhearted and save those who are crushed in spirit (Psalm 34:18) and that He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds (Ps 147:3). Healing and freeing is just His thing!
When you live in a foreign country, you have to celebrate even the smallest victories. I have successfully washed 3 loads of laundry (that means not forgetting to put the drain pipe in the shower, so far so good), I have all my suitcases hidden out of sight and we have working clocks in both my bedroom and the kitchen! I've added several phrases to my list of Romanian language and have the name of a teacher to call tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, I will get a Selgros card (Selgros is a German version of something like Sam's -- yeah!), my cell phone and hopefully go to the post office.
Today Angela and I worked at the houses from 9-5. There were several meetings and we kept kids. I had a great time with Sergiu (5) as we played with playing/game cards and worked on recognition of numbers and letters. Each time he put two numbers of letters that were the same together, I gave him a big bravo and a high 5. I also learned that Fanel (5) is a fabulous storyteller, complete with facial expressions and "look at me" comments! Zorro (10) at Casa Ana taught me a new card game. I love these kids. And I love that God is going to bring beauty from the ashes they already have in their lives. Living on the streets, physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional and mental depravity and defiencies... they've been through much for their young lives and there is a lot of pain and anger in them. Pray please that God would bind up the brokenhearted (Isaiah 61). He promises to be near to the brokenhearted and save those who are crushed in spirit (Psalm 34:18) and that He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds (Ps 147:3). Healing and freeing is just His thing!
1 Comments:
Hi My Friend! Thank you so much for sharing your days with us all through this blogspot! I sent you a big, long email, but it came back as undeliverable. I will save it and try again later. I miss you! I am rejoicing with you over the amazing work of our God and His incredible love for those children through you! I love you and miss you! Love, Valerie
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home